UPDATE: The application period for this grant is now closed. We will post further updates when new opportunities become available.
Governor Inslee is providing a Small Business Emergency Program in Washington to support small businesses affected by the COVID-19 epidemic. Up to $ 5 million of money is provided through the Governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund and managed by the Dept of Commerce. The grant program will provide a limited number of businesses in 39 counties in Washington with a grant of up to $ 10,000. Due to statutory, non-profit restrictions are not eligible for this funding program.
- Small businesses eligible for the grant program will apply through local / county economic development organizations.
- The email to submit the completed application to the economic development organizations is listed below
- District economic development organizations will prioritize applications based on the severity of the impact the business is facing due to COVID-19, including being forced to shut down by government-mandated closure, social discrimination or disease measures.
- The proposed support money will be sent to the Ministry of Trade for review and verification.
- Qualified applications will be forwarded to the Governor for review and signing.
- Your local ADO will manage approved grants for successful companies.
- Support money will be approved on a case-by-case basis and subject to the availability of funds. The goal is to help businesses overcome the crisis and allow them to retain as many employees as possible.
- The applicant for business has been in business for at least one year.
- Businesses with up to 10 full-time employees (FTE) can apply for a one-time benefit of up to $ 10,000
- Funding is not intended to help start a business, but to support existing businesses that are particularly affected by the COVID-19 crisis and are important members of their local community.
- Recipients are eligible to receive a Washington Grant award in the current budget cycle, ending December 30, 2021.
- Support funds can be used for operating expenses including rent, supplies / inventory, utility bills, etc. as well as advice, marketing and training.
- The application must include a list of proposed cost benefits to be spent. Applications without a list of proposed expenses will be considered incomplete. This repayment-based grant can support unpaid invoices March 1 and beyond.
- Note that payroll cannot be reimbursed through Work Washington’s pension program. Please transparent all wage needs to the Employment Security Department.
- The following expenses are not eligible: capital equipment, tourism, office equipment and computer software.
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be accepted or denied on a case-by-case basis. Please contact your county economic development organization to assess your company’s viability and complete the application.
- Businesses will not consider applications submitted directly to commercial staff. Applications must be submitted through local ADO.
- Due to the expected volume, please allow 4 to 6 weeks to process and disburse grants.
Friends of Little Saigon are providing assistance for anyone interested in applying. Before contacting them, please fill out the following form to the best of your ability:
Connect with Friends of Little Saigon for assistance:
Valerie Tran – Operations Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / (253) 260-6331
Ricky Pham – Community Engagement Coordinator
email@example.com / (206) 307-1538
Angela Ngo – Community Builder
firstname.lastname@example.org / (360) 602-6892